Sunday, May 2, 2010

Well, the first week is over. With all the seeming snags along the way, it still ended up to be a pretty decent week. Aerospace Physiology is mostly interesting. We just finished the survival part. And I did really well on the exam. It feels much nicer actually doing classes now. Most of them are pretty interesting, or at least entertaining. And even if it a totally boring instructor, I still learn at least something from the class. Our class as a whole seems to be meshing well. There is always those few kids that make you want to bang your head against the desk, but life is just like that. And the cool people in the group make up for the annoying ones.

Next week will be long, but it doesn't seem like it will be as brutal. Class seems to end at 5 each afternoon, which is a huge plus. The FACT test is Monday, and then Thursday we have the last aerospace phys test. The FACT is a fitness type test to make sure you are strong enough to handle a fighter jet. Even though I am not going to be flying those, I am pretty sure I am still supposed to pass it. So, that might be the thing I am a little concerned about. But really, there's nothing I can do between now and then to get better at it. So, I just have to give it everything I got when I do it, and see how it works out.

Another big thing this week is we start our Systems classes. Meaning, we learn about the aircraft systems. I think it is pretty neat that I finally get to learn about the plane I'll be flying in just 5 1/2 weeks. More on all that later. For now it is bed time, as the ground drug trials we are taking this week have started kicking in and I feel the no-go pill starting to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment