Thursday, April 8, 2010

I got dog tags today. Apparently, we have to wear them when we fly. But we are not allowed to wear necklaces or rings, so that seems like a rather large contradiction. I find it interesting that dog tags come with the same chain I use to turn on and off my lights and overhead fans. Of course, I knew this before, but now that I have my own personal light switch to hang around my neck, I have decided it is odd. Who thought that this would make a good necklace, and when did it start? or did it start as a necklace and transition to a light switch? After doing a quick google and wiki search and finding nothing, I wonder if questions like this will ever be answered. Oh well. I guess some thing in life are just meant to be a mystery. Really strange mystery though.

On another note...yeah, exercise thing, fail, epic fail this week. I am one, lazy, and two completely unmotivated. Now, I have plenty of reasons to be motivated. I like being fit, I like the physical pain brought on by morbid amount of exercise, I like being stronger and faster and thinner than the average American, not to mention things are more fun when you have the extra stamina and energy that exercise provides, things like sports, kayaking, waking up in the morning, sex, hiking, playing outside, exploring, water balloon fights, studying...etc. But still, I am not motivated. I think part of the reason is that I have to do absolutely nothing all day. And before when I had to do stuff, it included sitting at a desk filling out and tweaking excel spreadsheets and other documents...boring. So maybe that's it. I am bored. And because I am bored, I don't feel motivated to change the status of my boredom, or to really fix anything with how out of shape I am becoming.

So, now I just have to figure out how to get over that, and I think I will be able to stick to regular workouts. Not sure how, but I hope I figure it out soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment