Friday, October 8, 2010

Teachers
In the pilot training arena and most of the time in a military context they are called instructors, but they are still teachers. Teachers I feel are some of the most important people in your life. Mostly, what they say and teach is rarely remembered. And a lot of times you learn what not to do from teachers. However, every now and then you get one that is just outstanding at what he/she does. They seem unflappable and carefree, yet still uphold the standards. Being around them makes you appreciate life and love what you are learning. These kind of teachers are not only remembered for what they said and what they taught, but also for that little something they added to the lives of those around them. I feel I have been blessed with many such teachers along the way so far - maybe even more so than the average person. Today, watching one such teacher fly his last flight for the air force, I remember those teachers and what they have done for me and how they have helped me along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment