Saturday, July 31, 2010

It has been a long couple of weeks, stressful I suppose. But mainly, just really long. Had a rough time getting good at landing and such. But I seem to have it now. It just took a little longer for me, and caused some grief. The long breaks due to weather did not help much either.

Now the weather is looking up and I have been put on Flying CAP (commander's awareness program) so that my instructors know I need just a little extra help with the flying thing and that if I do have breaks in training it will affect my flying a whole lot. It has turned out to be really good. Where I was getting one or two flights a week, I am now getting about 4, and now I have only experienced instructors fly with me. That way I am not the experiment of the new guys.

So, all these long weeks led up to an amazing Friday. I solo'd the T-6! It was awesome. I was trusted with a 6 million dollar plane to fly all by my lonesome.



Next is the first checkride, which is basically a test of how well I am flying up to that point in training. This is the most failed checkride of all the checkrides in the T-6, so I have a lot of studying to do. If the weather holds and we don't have too many maintenance cancellations this next week, I should have the checkride the end of this next week or the beginning of the one after.

No comments:

Post a Comment