Tuesday, June 1, 2010

I did my second emergency procedures sim today. It went rather well. Had the same IP that fell asleep last time, he didn't dose off this time. Today, is a short day. It is just after noon and I am finished already. It feels very nice, because the morning was very early. So, I suppose finishing at noon is actually a 6 hour day, but still, it could have been worse.

This weekend was fabulous. The Watermark where Josh and I stayed was wonderful and we had a great time being absolutely lazy and spoiling ourselves. Massages are really nice and jacuzzi bath tubs are great. Breakfast in bed each morning rounded out the experience lovely. We also went to a Brazilian BBQ restaurant. I stuffed myself so full of delicious food that I thought I might explode. It was the type of restaurant that serves a dozen different types of meat on platters that are carried around by waiters. They also had bottomless fried bananas, fried cornbread, and mashed potatoes. Amazing.

So...I have one more week of Phase 1 left. I feel like it has taken forever, but really not been enough time to prepare for the flightline. Wednesday, that is when we start flying. Because our schedule was so nuts, we actually have two classes that day as well, so probably not many of us will actually fly. But...that's when it all starts. The twelve hour days, the incessantly early mornings and late nights, the stress of failure, disappointment, grumpy instructor pilots, and verbal abuse....I am looking forward to it. Well, of course I am not looking forward to any of those things in particular. But, just to be honest with myself: I have wanted to do this since before I remember, have been working towards this for the last 9 years, and after finally making it here, I have been waiting for it to start for the last 10 months. So, here it goes....flying.

No comments:

Post a Comment