Friday, March 26, 2010

Today, I wait.
I wait for my husband to return home.
I wait for April 26th, so I can start training.
I wait for the end of the day, so the weekend can start.
I wait for motivation to complete my last midterm.

I feel like I have been waiting for a while. I suppose I have. I have reached the stage of waiting where pure boredom sets in. Boredom so deep, that thinking of things to make the boredom go away is boring. The irony is that I have waited for this boredom. A year ago I dreamed of being this bored. Thus, I am not complaining, because this boredom feels good.

I know the boredom will not last. Soon, I will find something to occupy my time and stimulate my mind. And in a month, I will start training and the boredom will be gone. Then perhaps I will wish for its return.

In my boredom, I have started an online journal. Seems to me that this way I can journal without having to fill up books that take up space and will one day fill a box. And perhaps, somewhere some other bored person will read part of this one day, and for maybe 5 minutes, their boredom will be curbed, if only slightly.

~ Sky Monkey

No comments:

Post a Comment