Friday, June 3, 2011

The End of UPT

Well, here I am at the end of pilot training - a very significant event no doubt. I have my assignment, which will eventually place me back in the arms of the man I love. Though as most things in life, the journey will seem a long one.
The first part of my assignment is an MC-12 deployment. That entails a month of survival training, approximately 2 months of training to fly the plane, and a 6 to 9 month deployment to Iraq or Afghanistan. The plane/mission seems rather interesting and exciting itself. Though I must say that living in tents in the desert is not quite what I had in mind when I joined the air force. If I was really that much in to camping and roughing it I would have joined the army. But that seems to be the current way of doing things in the air force as well. So, off to the desert I will go, and hopefully I can be useful to the air force and I get some good experiences and combat time out of it.
That will of course have a huge down side of being away from Josh for almost a year - not looking forward to that in the least bit.
The 2nd part of my assignment is flying c-130s at Little Rock AFB. That part I am really looking forward to. Of course there is more training involved with that, 6 months of it. All of which is at Little Rock, which is awesome. Because then I will finally get to live with the man I married again.
For now I am just waiting for my training dates and orders and procrastinating. I actually have a decent amount to do before I leave, which could be on a week and a half or even a month. I should definitely get to work on all those things, but this week there has been little motivation. This weekend I will have to force myself to find some...after the baby shower that I forgot about. Haha, so maybe Sunday?
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.9

No comments:

Post a Comment