Friday, January 14, 2011

Five flights and a few sims deep into T-1A training. It is...interesting. I feel less stressed about the flying and stuff than in T-6s, but somehow I feel it is more important still (without feeling extra stressed about it). Or that is the case so far. Landing is much less of a problem than it was before. I suppose when it is the 4th plane you figure out how to land, it isn't such a big deal anymore.
I am only a few short weeks, 2 or 3, from by first checkride. That makes me a little nervous, but of course I also want to get there soon.
One of my close friends from high school recently had a baby. Other friends have had babies, yes, but it didn't feel quite the same. This time I feel more - adult like? Yep, that's it. And friends having babies that are actually ready and planning for them makes me realize even more that we have indeed reached that adult stage of life. Pretty weird. I still want to dream like a kid, and have weekends and summers off. And dance around in my bare feet with the mop and singing too loudly along with the music. Mostly, it feels as if things aren't really chores that kids try to make more fun, quicker, or get out of, but necessary things in life that have to get done to move on. Kind of like putting your socks on. It's just a step you have to do before putting on shoes. Not really something to dwell on or think about overly.
Well, it has been a draining week, as usual in pilot training. And I have been rambling more than actually writing anything discernible...

No comments:

Post a Comment