Tuesday, November 23, 2010

T-1A academic training so far is going really slowly. This week the base network has been down and we can't do any classes as they are all dependent on that. This afternoon we meet our torturer for the next few months (aka USEM, which I am sure stands for something, maybe something like unit standards evaluator or something or other), basically this person gives us all our flight line written and verbal tests. Most of the tests are verbal and meant to be stressful and painful. I have heard that this second half isn't as belittling and frustrating as the first, so maybe the USEM time will also be like that.
Either way, that and one pretend simulator seems to be all that we will be able to accomplish this week. Pretend meaning we use cockpit pictures instead of the actual simulator for this first sim.
Even though all this apparent free time seems great, I feel weird about it. It's as if I am getting way behind because I am not doing anything. And though I do study, I feel that it is not near enough, especially when the day drags on forever and I can't focus to save my life. So, here's to hoping the pace picks up just a little, nothing crazy, and keeps the days from being never ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment